1 / 1 Picture by: BATCAVES
Easy Roast Leg of Lamb
- 2kg (4 lb) boneless leg of lamb, tied
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 400g (14 oz) passata
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Rub the leg of lamb all over with salt and pepper. Use a small knife to make punctures in the lamb. Press slivers of garlic into each hole so that they are about 1cm below the surface.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin. You can either remove the rosemary from the stem and rub into the lamb on all sides, or you can simply use the string from the lamb to secure the entire sprig against it. Pour the passata over the lamb.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, then lower the temperature to 160 C / Gas mark 3, and continue roasting until the internal temperature of the meat is at least 70 C, about 15 minutes. If you want the lamb well done, wait until the internal temperature reaches 75 C.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!