- 250g (9 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 225ml (8 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
- 75g (3 oz) mayonnaise
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Stir in milk and mayonnaise until a smooth dough is formed. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and doubled in size.
I made these scones with wholemeal flour and half fat mayo and they turned out brilliantly. I didn't use muffin cases, I used grease proof paper and dollopped big mounds, 6 mounds to be exact. I used half of the milk stated in the recipe. I sprinkled a little sugar on top before baking. I also added 100g raisins. I loved these with jam. I will definately make these again. - 10 May 2010
Made it healthier. I made these with Wholemeal flour, used extra light mayo and "half half" sugar (1.5 tbsp), I also added blueberries because there were some in the fridge. The wholemeal flour meant they needed an little longer and took 35 mins. - 25 Jul 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. I used light mayonaise and it was fine, plus I put sultanas in. - 16 Jun 2009