Almond biscotti biscuits
Makes: 48 biscotti
- 280g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 100g finely chopped almonds
- 140g whole almonds
- 425g icing sugar
Prep:25min › Cook:30min › Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:1hr25min
- Combine the flour, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and chopped almonds to form a smooth dough. Stir in the whole almonds.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts and roll each portion out into a cylindrical log shape. Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Unwrap the dough and place onto a greased baking tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool then slice into 1.25cm thick slices.
- Put biscuits onto greased baking tray and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. The biscuits are very crisp when done.
what happened??? When I baked the biscotti it melted into one big slab? Any advice as to what I did wrong? - 16 Feb 2013
Love these, have tried quite a few biscotti recipies now but keep coming back to this one. - 12 Mar 2011
Something else. Second time I made these I seperated dough into four parts instead of three, oven temp and cooking times remained the same. - 12 Mar 2011