Fast and Easy Pancakes
- 450ml (16 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
- 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Place milk, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla in the blender. Add flour and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 4 tablespoons for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Used different ingredients. If you have no eggs but still want to make these, try a tablespoon of custard powder instead, they still work the same and has a slightly different taste but still a nice eggy colour to them. - 01 Feb 2010
Yum, Exactly what I was looking for. I made bigger ones and apart from being a bit difficult to flip they were fantastic. I don't have a blender so i mixed it my hand but it worked well. - 11 May 2010
Sadly, these didn't turn out so well for me. They cooked too quickly in the pan and weren't very fluffy. I tried turning the heat down to very low, but that didn't seem to help. I was looking for a quick recipe for fluffy pancakes, but I didn't find it here. I guess I'll have to stick with Jamie Oliver's American Pancakes recipe. - 21 Dec 2011