1 / 1 Picture by: Bob The Builder
Creamy Mexican pasta salad
- 450g dried fusilli pasta
- 375g chunky salsa
- 250ml mayonnaise
- 125ml soured cream
- 1 (400g) tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 (198g) tins sweetcorn with peppers, drained
- 65g chopped red pepper
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 75g sliced black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr30min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil; cook the fusilli in the boiling water until the pasta is cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold running water until completely cooled; drain thoroughly.
- Whisk the salsa, mayonnaise, soured cream, black beans, sweetcorn with peppers, red pepper, spring onions, black olives, garlic granules, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper together in a large bowl; add the cooled pasta and stir to coat evenly. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight before serving.
Yum! This recipe was a hit with thefam ily. I added more salsa, spring onions and red pepper. Will be making it again soon to bring to a potluck. - 14 Apr 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!