1 / 1 Picture by:
- 115g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg or to taste
- 100g self-raising flour
- 175ml milk
- 2 (415g) tins peach slices in fruit juice
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place the butter into a 20x20cm baking dish and place into the oven until melted. Stir the sugar, nutmeg and self-raising flour together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the milk until no lumps remain. Pour the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish. Do not stir. Spoon the sliced peaches over top; gently pour in the juice.
- Return to the oven and bake until the batter has firmed and the cobbler has risen a bit, 35 to 45 minutes.
To change this recipe to an apple cobbler, just substitute the peaches for apple. This recipe works well, both ways.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!