Easy Blueberry Pie
- 1 20cm (8 in) pastry case, baked and cooled
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Pour half of the blueberries into the baked pastry shell.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine flour, butter, lemon juice and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Add the remaining half of blueberries and bring just to the boil. Berries should begin to pop open.
- Pour cooked berries over fresh berries. Chill pie and serve with whipped cream.
Used different ingredients. Very flavourful pie. I added 1/4 tsp vanilla and cinnamon. I also used more berries. Even though I forgot to add flour, it still turned out delicious! (I won't make that mistake again). It was a little runny, but not a disaster. Just a note: it's important to taste the berries before you begin, so you can adjust the sugar accordingly. Will definitely make this again. Thanks! - 21 Jul 2008
This recipe is SUPER easy and delish! I baked it for some friends and they ate it right up. We picked blueberries, so they were very fresh and large, and the pie was just the right amount of sweet and tart. The lemon juice isn't overpowering, and the fact that a layer of blueberries isn't cooked means you'll have a pie that won't completely fall apart or get runny. - 21 Jul 2008
This is an easy, and by far the best, blueberry pie I've ever made. I look forward to making this pie because it's such a treat. Thanks, Nancy. - 21 Jul 2008