- Soften four sliced asparagus and two spring onions in a small frying pan.
- Lightly whisk eggs, a spoon of water and a big pinch of Parmesan.
- Add to the pan and stir to combine, coating the vegetables. Let the base cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from the hob and pop the pan under a preheated grill to set the top.
- Very quick and easy, eat with salad or couple of slices of garlic bread for a satisfying lunch treat.
This is a relatively healthy meal anyway, but for a waist-friendly option use two egg whites and one whole egg with a spoon of water to save on calories and fat.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.
See it on my blog
Here is my recipe blog: Treat Me To Afternoon Tea