Orange Blossom Icing
Makes : 10 to 12 muffins' worth!
- 40g butter or margarine (at room temperature)
- 100g cream cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon orange blossom extract / essence
- 125g to 250g icing sugar
- 10-12 edible paper flowers (optional)
Prep:15min › Ready in:15min
- Mix the butter and cream cheese together briskly for 4-5 minutes (2-3 if you're using an electric mixer).
- Add the orange blossom extract and mix for another minute or two.
- Gradually add the icing sugar a little at a time, stirring, until the icing is a thick pouring consistency.
- Spoon the icing over the cooled muffins or cakes, letting it run over the tops and down the sides. For an extra beautiful finish, add some sugar-paper edible flowers before the icing sets (we got ours from Holly Cupcakes, who do the most beautiful edible cake decorations we've ever seen!).
Get an electric mixer! We haven't got one, and our arms ache! :)
How to ice a cake video
Watch our How to ice a cake video and see how to ice cakes with ease. You'll be icing perfect birthday and special occasion cakes in no time!
See it on my blog
Used different ingredients. I couldn't find any orange blossom essence (didn't look very hard so far though, I must admit) so I used half a teaspoon of vanilla essence and some left over orange zest from the muffins - YUM! - 17 Jul 2010