5 Minute Banana Breakfast Muffins
Makes: 1 muffin-in-a-cup
- 1 large coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons wholemeal plain flour
- 3 tablespoons demerera sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 banana, mashed to a pulp
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons whisked egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 splash vanilla extract
Prep:2min › Cook:3min › Ready in:5min
- Stick all your ingredients into the coffee mug and stir well. The cup should be about two thirds full.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar and whack it in the microwave on full power for about three minutes, until the mixture has risen over the top of the mug and is sticky and bubbly.
- Take it out of the microwave and let it stand for ten minutes (the top will sink back into the cup). Either serve it in the mug or turned out onto a plate, topped with a dollop of plain yoghurt and some fresh walnuts. Yum!
Don't expect microwave muffins to have the same light, fluffy texture as oven cooked ones. These will be sticky, sweet and quite heavy. As a rule, the wetter the mixture, the lighter the texture of the muffin, but you can't have everything in three minutes! :)
See it on my blog
Tasty little simple breakfast in just a few minutes. I topped mine with yogurt and walnuts, but next time I'll probably just do butter and walnuts. It is indeed quite dense, and it NEEDS to sit that 10 minutes. It tastes exactly the same with whole wheat flour, too! - 02 Feb 2011
Does it need to be wholemeal flour, I don't have that so is just plain flour okay? :o ~edit~ I just made this now, i am eating it now. I made it with plain flour instead and it is interesting, very different. Nice banana taste, i added cinnamon. so it is better. I am just wondering...is this a muffin? I JUST ATE IT NOW HOT WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM AND IT IS DELICIOUS!!!!! don't let the looks deceive you I JUST MADE GLUTEN FREE ONES-BY USING RICE FLOUR INSTEAD AND I ADDED COCOA POWDER AND I IS YUMMY - 07 Jul 2011