- Blanch beef brisket, beef tendon, ginger and spring onions in boiling water for 5 minutes Drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Stir-fry the garlic until aromatic, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef brisket and beef tendon and mix well. Stir in the tomato ketchup, beef stock, salt and Oriental mixed spice.
- Add just enough hot water to cover the ingredients and bring to the boil. Once boiling, transfer everything into a pressure cooker. Cook under high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and wait until the pressure dies down naturally.
- Meanwhile, simmer the celery and carrots over medium heat for 30 minutes. Place into the pot with the beef.
- Cut the beef tendon into large pieces and place back into the pot. Serve.
If you don't have pressure cooker, you can simmer this dish over low heat for 2 hours with 250ml additional water
Oriental mixed spice contains fennel seeds, cloves, Szechuan peppercorns, liquorice, cinnamon, ginger, star anise and cardamom.
You can find Oriental mixed spice and beef tendon in Chinese/Oriental speciality stores.
See it on my blog
Check out this recipe on my blog