1 / 1 Picture by: SunFlower
Fragrant Ginger and Carrot Rice
- 225g (8 oz) basmati rice
- 450ml (16 fl oz) water
- 30g (1 oz) roasted peanuts
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 knob root ginger, minced
- 2 to 3 carrots, grated
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and allow to steam until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, pulverize peanuts in a food processor and set aside. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until golden brown. Stir in ginger, carrots and salt to taste. Reduce heat to low and cover to steam 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper and peanuts. When rice is done, add it to frying pan and stir gently to combine with other ingredients. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!