Greek-Inspired Chicken Pasta
- 1 (500g) pack pasta - any small shape works well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 450g (1 lb) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- 1 (410g) tin artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 (200g) pack feta cheese
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dessertspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Used different ingredients. I used Courgette as I didn't have artichoke hearts in, and was very nice. - 18 Mar 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. I add: red pepper, courgette, mushrooms and black olives. - 07 Jun 2009
Used different ingredients. I added green & orange peppers instead of artichoke hearts and also added mushrooms, black olives and a little bit of Light Philadelphia spring onion & black pepper cheese to add to the flavour. - 14 Jun 2010