Creamy Spaghetti Carbonara
- 500g spaghetti
- 200ml cream
- 1 egg
- 100g Emmenthal cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- a knob of butter
- 150g smoked bacon or pancetta, diced
- grated Parmesan cheese to serve
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Boil the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- In the meantime, in a bowl and whisk together cream, egg and cheese. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Drain the spaghetti just before it is al dente.
- Heat a little butter in a deep frying pan, add the bacon and fry briefly. Add the pasta and pour over the cream sauce.
- Mix well and leave for about 2 minutes. Serve hot with grated Parmesan.
Tassssssssty. Easy to make too. I can't prepare cabonara the way my Mum does(without cream) so this one does for me. - 03 Nov 2010
Was ok! - 23 May 2013
Not tried it, but about to use this recipe as a basis (I'll be making a bechamel sauce instead of using cream). Can't stop myself from saying, that photo is really not very flattering of the recipe! - 04 May 2013