White chocolate buttercream icing
Makes: 12 covers 12-15 cupcakes
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250g icing sugar
- 150g white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk (possibly)
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Beat the butter and half the icing sugar together until smooth (this may take a while and is a bit of a pain). Keep adding the icing sugar in bits and mix until all is smooth and like a paste.
- Melt the white chocolate and add to the mixture and mix until smooth.
- This is the maybe bit . . . depending on what white chocolate you use, it'll alter the runniness of your icing . . . so you may have to add the milk (maybe more than 1 tablespoon) or you may need to add more icing sugar. But it is very easily fixed.
- Don't forget to mix your icing between icing each cupcake so it stays smooth!
How to ice cupcakes
Watch our How to ice cupcakes video to see how to dress them up or down for any occasion!
How to ice a cake video
Watch our How to ice a cake video and see how to ice cakes with ease. You'll be icing perfect birthday and special occasion cakes in no time!
Nice with my White chocolate and damson cupcakes!
lovely thank you!! - 16 Oct 2010
OMG...! Made this to top some Banana Buns that my son and I had made and I had some fantastic comments about the icing..!! It is quite sweet but very very moorish and compliments the Banana Buns beautifully..!! Will defo be using again...might try with milk or dark chocolate next...!! - 05 Aug 2012
This is lush, great simple easy quick recipe.. although I did find myself adding more chocolate - 30 Dec 2012