Easy sausage, potato and bean casserole
- 4 to 6 sausages, any variety
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons mustard, any type
- 1 tin baked beans
- 200g grated Red Leicester cheese
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cook sausages in oven as directed on packaging.
- While sausages cook, peel and thinly slice potatoes. Boil them until just soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside. In a bowl, mix the mustard into the baked beans.
- When sausages have cooked, cut them into bite-size pieces. In a casserole dish combine the sausages, beans, and potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove casserole from oven and top with grated cheese. Place under the grill until cheese is melted fully. Remove and serve!!
Easily made veggie-friendly by using Quorn sausages and still delicious!!
to make this dish vegan just substitute quorn sausages for linda mccartney ones and a mixture of cheezly cheese and mixed seeds for the topping. l also didnt peel my potatoes. so yummy - 14 May 2012
Something else. I used smoked sausage and i did not peel the potoatoes, steamed them then put them on top and put mozarella chees on top with sesame and poppy seeds it was just divine - 03 Oct 2010