Makes: 24 Biscuits - less with a large cutter
- 110g butter
- 56g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lavender flowers
- 170g plain flour
- 10g icing sugar to dust
Prep:10min › Cook:12min › Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:52min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Sprinkle the lavender flowers into the bowl and add the flour.
- Mix to a soft dough then wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into 18 to 24 biscuits. Put the biscuits on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until browned. Remove the cooked biscuits from the oven and allow to cool a little on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
I followed this recipe - just wanted to mention that I couldn't make the dough up without adding a drop of milk to bind it. I also added a good dollop of honey and some more lavender than stated. Rather than dust with icing sugar I used caster sugar. I won't be making these biscuits again, hard and tasteless, really. - 11 Jul 2012