1 / 1 Picture by:
Chinese Chicken Curry
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200g chicken meat, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 100g potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- dried tangerine peel (optional)
- star anise petals (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until light pink in colour, then stir in the potatoes and salt. Add more oil if necessary, mix thoroughly and add just enough water to cover the chicken and potatoes. Turn down the heat to low and simmer.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the curry powder and 1-2 tablespoons water. Pour the curry mix into the wok and stir well. Add dried tangerine peel and star anise petals, if using. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Spoon chicken and potatoes with sauce over freshly cooked rice and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!