1 / 1 Picture by:
Chinese Pork and Squash Soup
- 2 silk squash, peeled and cut diagonally into thick slices
- 1 cooked salted egg, shelled and cut into thick slices
- 100g lean pork, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:10min marinating › Ready in:45min
- Marinate the pork with salt, cornflour and 2 teaspoons water for 10 minutes.
- Boil the pork slices for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add the ginger and squash and bring back to the boil.
- Turn the heat to low and add the pork and egg. Cook for 3 minutes. Season with pepper and sesame oil and serve.
Salted eggs and silk squash (also known as Chinese okra and silk melon) can be purchased in Chinese/Oriental speciality shops. If silk squash is unavailable, use courgettes instead.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!