1 / 1 Picture by:
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 225g (8 oz) butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Prep:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan. Bring water to a gentle simmer.
- In the top of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in salt, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm until ready to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!