Microwave Sponge Pudding
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 50g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2 oz) self raising flour
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons of jam or syrup
Prep:10min › Cook:3min › Ready in:13min
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and milk gradually, so as not to curdle the butter.
- Sift in the flour, and fold in gently.
- Put 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, treacle or jam in bottom of microwave-safe bowl. Pour in batter.
- Cover, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes on full powder, or until the pudding appears set when gently jiggled, and the top is sticky. Serve hot.
Took shortcuts. I cook it for only 3 mins in a 850 watt microwave and its always come out perfect. - 11 Sep 2009
this is gorgeous and so easy to make, a big hit with the whole family....... I made it in those small plastic individual pots u get ready made puds in (I save them) then turn them out into dishes & served with cream or custard ....... Or both for really greedy people! - 29 Jun 2011
There's no need to use cream method, just all-in mix. We prefer this to traditional pud as it's not so heavy and stodgy. Light and fluffy, delicious! I used light brown sugar. Would be great with some lemon and perhaps lemon curd for the base. - 16 Oct 2011