1 / 1 Picture by: sweetpea
Frangipane Chocolate Tart
- 140g cooking chocolate
- 100g butter, softened
- 90g caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
Prep:20min › Cook:35min › Ready in:55min
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the softened butter and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the sugar with the almonds in a bowl, add the 3 whole eggs one by one and stir well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Line a tart tin with one pastry sheet. Pour in the chocolate mixture. Cover with the second puff pastry sheet. Seal the edges of the pastry with warm water, if necessary.
- Brush top pastry with an egg yolk. With a knife, draw vertical and horizontal lines like a checkerboard without making any holes in the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!