1 / 1
3 people made this
About this recipe:
This is an incredibly light and buttery cake, which is packed full of walnutty flavour. Enjoy as is or top with your favourite icing. It's perfect for afternoon tea.
1 tablespoon flour (for the tin)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for the tin)
125g plain flour
160g walnuts, ground
180g butter, softened
280g caster sugar
8 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 28 to 30cm round cake tin.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into the creamed butter.
- Fold in walnuts and flour. Transfer into the tin, smooth out so that the batter is about 1.5cm thick. (Attention: this cake has a tendency to stick to the tin.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate