1 / 1 Picture by: Bibus
- 1 tablespoon flour (for the tin)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for the tin)
- 125g plain flour
- 160g walnuts, ground
- 180g butter, softened
- 280g caster sugar
- 8 egg whites
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 28 to 30cm round cake tin.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into the creamed butter.
- Fold in walnuts and flour. Transfer into the tin, smooth out so that the batter is about 1.5cm thick. (Attention: this cake has a tendency to stick to the tin.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!