1 / 1
4 people made this
About this recipe:
This twist on the classic Italian cake contains no alcohol or coffee. Sponge fingers are dipped in a sugar water, then layered with a mascarpone cream and grated chocolate.
150g icing sugar
2 egg whites
200g milk chocolate
200g savoiardi sponge fingers (lady fingers)
200ml water, mixed with 1 tablespoon caster sugar
4 egg yolks
400g mascarpone cheese
Extra time:2hr chilling ›
- Beat together yolks and sugar until frothy. Fold in mascarpone.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Dip 1/2 of the sponge fingers in sugar water for 2 seconds, then use to line a dish (or individual ramekins). Top with 1/2 mascarpone mixture. Grate over some chocolate.
- Arrange a second layer of soaked sponge fingers on top, then mascarpone mixture and then grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate