1 / 1 Picture by:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1 hot red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil and coriander
- 900g (2lb) tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 225g (8oz) yellow lentils
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1L stock or water
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Extra time:1hr freezing › Ready in:1hr55min
- Heat oil in a saucepan and gently cook onion, garlic, celery and hot red pepper.
- Meanwhile chop a good handful of basil and coriander. When the onion is softened, add the chopped tomatoes and yelllow lentils. Sprinkle in flour and after cooking for a few minutes add stock or water. Add the chopped basil and coriander and cook until the lentils are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly and then liquidise in a food processor; adjust the seasoning, thin with stock or water if necessary. Enjoy!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!