1 person made this
About this recipe:
Haggis stuffed chicken breast, wrapped in smoked bacon and a pastry casing. Serve with fresh in season vegetables and chunky home-made potato wedges.
4 chicken breast fillets
8 slices smoked bacon
oil for shallow frying
4 sheets puff pastry
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- If needed, cook the haggis as directed on packaging. Butterfly the chicken fillets.
- Stuff the chicken with the haggis and wrap with the bacon to form the fillets into their original shape. Leave in the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Once the chicken has firmed up, heat the oil in a shallow frying pan, and gently fry the chicken until browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little, then wrap in the puff pastry and brush with the egg.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink at the centre.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate