1 / 1 Picture by:
Corned Beef Stew Dad's Way
meady Glamorgan, Wales, UK
Makes: 1 large saucepan
- 2 tins corned beef
- 5 carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 small leek or 3 spring onions
- 7 beef oxo cubes
- salt as you would use to boil veg just slightly less
- sprinkle of pepper
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Peel and chop into small chunks the carrot and parsnip, peel and chop potatoes slightly larger, wash veg and add salt, remember corned beef is salty so dont over do it, fill saucepan with water and boil.
- Once boiling add 4 of the oxo cubes and boil until veg is nearly cooked.
- Peel and chop onion and leek and add to veg, top up saucepan with more water and simmer for 10 minutes, then add 1 tin of corned beef [chopped into small chunks] the remaining oxo cubes and pepper simmer for 5 minutes, chop second tin of corned beef into larger chunks and add to stew, add dumplings if desired and serve.
One of my favourite recipes, family love it, it works wonders on a winter's evening and is one of the best pie fillings I know - 07 Feb 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!