1 / 1 Picture by: rachel90210
- 30g butter
- 3 to 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 900ml (1 1/2pt) boiled water
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (optional)
- 25ml cream (optional)
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the sweet potatoes, carrots and pepper and cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, herbs, salt and black pepper.
- After this add the stock cube, dissolved in the water, to the vegetables and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes. Add the chilli and garam masala at this time if using.
- Use a blender to puree the mixture, then add the cream. Serve immediately.
You can use pumpkin instead of sweet potato.
This soup is a great idea for Samhain food.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!