1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Ragù alla Bolognese
- 100ml (4 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 100g (4 oz) butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) minced veal
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) minced pork
- 250g (9 oz) beef mince
- 50g (2 oz) cubed pancetta
- 100ml (4 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
- 450g (16 oz) passata
- 1 (500g) tub beef stock, such as Joubere
Prep:10min › Cook:3hr › Ready in:3hr10min
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and carrots until soft.
- Add veal, pork, beef and pancetta, and cook until evenly brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour in milk, and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Stir in tomato passata and beef stock. Cover, and simmer 2 1/2 hours.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!