1 / 1
2 people made this
About this recipe:
These pretty biscuits are not only delicious, but they are also easy to make. They are super-buttery and packed full of vanilla-ry goodness. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
For the Crescents
300g plain flour
80g caster sugar
175g cold butter
2 egg yolks
100g ground almonds
1 vanilla pod
5 teaspoons vanilla sugar
Extra time:2hr chilling ›
- Place flour, sugar, cold butter, egg yolks and ground almonds in a bowl and work into a pliable dough. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Form the dough into finger-thick rolls and cut them into 3cm long pieces. Push the ends together and form crescent shapes.
- Transfer crescents onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together vanilla sugar and scraped vanilla pod seeds. Set aside.
- Let biscuits cool slightly, then roll in vanilla sugar. Be very careful as the biscuits are very crumbly. Store in an airtight container.
These are lovely and my 4 kids loved them!
They remind me of vanilla kipferl (?spelling) made by my Austrian Grandma when I was little - YUM!
- 27 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate