1 / 1 Picture by: sara elizabeth
Makes: 40 small biscuits
- 500g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 225g caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar of your favourite jam
Prep:40min › Cook:12min › Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr52min
- Work plain flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, vanilla sugar, salt and eggs into a smooth dough. Wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Roll dough out and cut out 5cm circles. Cut smaller circles out of the middle of half of the circles.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Spread jam over the whole circles while they're still warm. You scan strain it through a sieve first, if you like. Dust the rings with icing sugar and place one on each whole circle covered with jam. Leave to cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!