Chocolate Marzipan and Walnut Pralines
1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
10 people made this
About this recipe:
Delicious treats that are perfect as food gifts during the Christmas season. Marzipan and walnuts are formed into shapes, dipped in chocolate and then topped with walnuts.
Makes: 25 pralines
100g icing sugar, divided
100g walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 dessertspoons rum
2 dessertspoons maraschino liqueur
1-2 (300g) blocks dark chocolate cake covering
50 walnut halves
- Knead marzipan with 80g icing sugar, chopped walnuts, rum and maraschino liqueur.
- Sprinkle the remaining icing sugar on a clean work surface. Roll out the marzipan and cut out circles, squares or rectangles.
- Melt chocolate covering according to package instructions.
- Stab each praline with a cocktail stick, coat with chocolate and shake off any excess. Place onto a greaseproof paper-lined tray.
- Allow to set a little, then top with a walnut half. Dry completely and store in tins.
Chocolate cake covering
Can be substituted for eating chocolate, but the finish will not be the same.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate