1 / 2
2 / 2
Cindy in Pensacola
6 people made this
About this recipe:
If you love oranges, these are the biscuits for you. The buttery biscuits are flavoured with orange zest, then topped with orange icing and more orange zest.
Makes: 80 biscuits, depending on size
125g butter, at room temperature
125g caster sugar
1 untreated orange
4 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 pinch salt
275g plain flour
icing glaze: icing sugar with orange juice
butter for greasing baking tray
- Peel half of the orange zest with a vegetable peeler and grate the rest. Juice the orange and set aside for the icing.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease two baking trays.
- Beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar, grated orange zest, liqueur, salt an eggs. Beat everything until thick and creamy. Fold in flour.
- Place small mounds of batter onto the baking tray using two teaspoons. Leave enough room for them to spread. Place orange zest strips in the corner of the baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and then remove from the baking tray. Crumble cooled orange zest strips.
- For the icing: Mix icing sugar and enough orange juice to create a thick icing. Decorate each biscuit with a small blob of icing and sprinkle with crumbled orange zest. Let set.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate