Easy Plum Cake
- 150g caster sugar
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 140g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 plums, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar, for sprinkling
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy with electric mixer. Mix flour and baking powder and sift into creamed mixture. Beat in eggs and salt. Mix everything well.
- Pour batter into a greased 26cm round springform tin and smooth out. Top with the plums (cut side up) and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven on lowest shelf for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool to room temperature or serve warm.
Easy to make and very tasty - Have frozen some for winter desserts - 04 Nov 2011
A fabulously easy but very tasty cake, thanks - 29 Sep 2012
Made this late last night, super quick and easy...my kind of baking! I don't own a cake tin so used a lasagne dish, took about 30mins to cook in that. My plums must be large too *giggles* coz if id used 12 they would of been stacked on top of each other...think i used 6 cut into chunks (because it went into a tray rather than round tin it wasn't very thick/deep so chunks were a better option) Would recommend this for anyone looking for something tasty without much faffing about and am saving this one to bake again - 09 Sep 2013