1 / 1
5 people made this
About this recipe:
This cheesecake is a little different from the average cheesecake. It's made with a pastry base and filled with a quark cheese filling. It's extremely delicious.
100g margarine or butter
75g caster sugar
250g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
500g quark cheese
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
45g vanilla dessert mix, such as Angel Delight
Extra time:5hr chilling ›
- Work all base ingredients into a smooth dough. Wrap and place in freezer.
- Mix together quark, caster sugar, vanilla sugar, egg, oil, vanilla dessert mix and cornflour. Then whisk in the milk. The mixture will be quite thin.
- Roll out dough and line a greased round springform tin with it. Prick dough with a fork several times.
- Pour quark filling into the dough case. Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for about 60 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven for 5 minutes (the cake will sink a little), then return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate