- 500g lamb mince
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, or to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 good pinch Cayenne pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Extra time:10min chilling › Ready in:50min
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients. Using your hands, mix really well to combine.
- Take 8 flat metal skewers. Cut the mince into 8 equal amounts. Grab one portion and shape into a ball. Thread the skewer into the meat and carefully shape the mince around the skewer to make a large sausage shape. This takes a bit of practice to keep it firm and grabbing well to the skewer. Repeat with the remaining 7 skewers. Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up. This can be done on the morning before if required.
- Heat the BBQ or grill to medium to high temperature. Place the skewers under the grill and cook for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. You may want to turn the heat down so they do not burn and cook too quickly. Turn occasionally.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Serve 2 skewers per person with a lemon wedge and a yoghurt and mint dressing - made simply with fresh chopped mint mixed with natural Greek yoghurt. Goes well with a green salad, new potatoes and roasted peppers.