1 / 1 Picture by:
Runner Bean Chutney
Makes: 2 kg chutney, approximately
- 1kg runner beans, chopped into thirds
- 4 shallots, halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 675g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 850ml malt vinegar, divided
- 1 pinch chilli powder
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Extra time:4hr cooling › Ready in:4hr55min
- Bring a large pot of of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and shallots. Bring back to the boil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor. Pulse the mixture until coarsely chopped, then transfer back to the pot.
- Add garlic, ginger, sugar and 700ml vinegar. Boil for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining vinegar, turmeric, mustard, cornflour and chilli powder. Pour into the pot and stir. Boil for 15 minutes more.
- Allow to cool before storing in preserving jars.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!