1 / 1 Picture by:
Apple Cream Cake
- For the Cake
- 375g plain flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 250ml mayonnaise
- 75ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 275g apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 150g raisins
- 120g coarsely chopped walnuts
- For the Cream
- 475ml double cream
- 60g icing sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:45min › Extra time:3hr cooling › Ready in:4hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour two 23cm round cake tins.
- Using an electric mixer, beat flour, sugar, mayonnaise, milk, eggs, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves together for 2 minutes. The batter will be thick. Stir in apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Divide batter between prepared tins. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in tins on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream with icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Use this to fill and ice the cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!