Chocolate chip banana cake
- 200g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 250g mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 125g plain chocolate chips
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 20x30cm baking tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until blended. Be careful not to over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The cake is done when a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. (It will have some melted chocolate, but no crumbs).
Pleasantly surprised by this. Had tried a banana and chocolate loaf from the bbcgoodfood website previously and found it to be dry and overpowered by the banana. This was delicious, moist, easy to make and wonderful. I made it in a 10" loaf tin rather than a baking tray and also covered the top with chocolate ganache to add a bit more chocolate. Mmm! - 05 Sep 2011
fantastically easy cake to make and tastes super yummy!! my 2 year old managed make it with me no problem at all....lots of soggy mixing so perfect for him! definately worth a go! - 24 Feb 2011
I had some over-ripe bananas to be used so I thought I'd try out this recipe. It was very easy to follow and worked well. Instead of chocolate chips, I used small chunk of chocolate but it worked just as well. The cake was very moist. I added some chocolate icing which worked well! - 05 Apr 2013