1 / 2
2 / 2
21 people made this
About this recipe:
The classic Reuben sandwich with a twist. Rye bread is filled with hot sauce, mayonnaise, Gruyere cheese, sauerkraut and turkey, then pan-fried until golden.
4 slices rye bread
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 teaspoons mayonnaise
4 teaspoons hot sauce, or to taste
2 slices Gruyere cheese
8 slices deli turkey
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly coat one side of each slice of bread with olive oil; lay out the slices, oiled side down on a plate.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of hot sauce on each slice.
- Top two of the slices of bread with a slice of cheese and half of the sauerkraut.
- Arrange the turkey on the other two slices of bread. Bring the two halves together.
- Fry the sandwiches in the preheated frying pan until the bread is golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate