Slow-barbecued beef braising steak
- 1 (2.25kg) joint braising steak
- 225ml barbecue sauce
- 225ml teriyaki sauce
- 1 (330ml) bottle beer
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh root ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
Prep:15min › Cook:2hr › Extra time:6hr marinating › Ready in:8hr15min
- In a large bowl, mix barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, beer, garlic, ginger, onion, black pepper and salt. Place the beef into the marinade, cover and refrigerate for six hours, turning often.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for indirect heat. Remove the beef from the marinade, and pour the marinade into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside for use as a basting sauce.
- Thread the beef joint onto a rotating barbecue spit above indirect heat. Cook the beef for two hours. Baste often during the last hour with reserved marinade.
Barbecued garlic baked potatoes: Poke holes in raw baking potatoes and place them on barbecue, basting occasionally with a mixture of melted butter, chicken stock and minced garlic.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!