Butter bean burgers
- 1 (400g) tin butter beans, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilli
- 6 cream crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60g grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix in onion, chilli, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic granules, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into burgers.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; use more or less oil to reach 5mm in depth. Fry burgers until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
Used different ingredients. Used about half a mug full of wholemeal breadcrumbs instead of crackers and added some finely chopped mushrooms - oh, and a splash of a certain filmstar's stick bbq sauce - 23 Apr 2011
Have just made these and must admit I didn't think they'd hold together...chilled the mix before frying and they're realy tasty - 23 Apr 2011
I used one tin of butter beans and one tin of chickpeas... thinking I was being smart I put the whole lot, onions and garlic too in a food processor... wrong texture too liquidy but tasty. - 07 Jan 2013