1 / 1 Picture by: naples34102
Mango Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
- Crumble Topping
- 60g flour
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 50g butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 110g butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 225ml buttermilk
- 1 mango - peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1 cup raspberries
Prep:25min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 23cm (9 in) square baking tin.
- Mix 60g flour, 110g dark brown soft sugar, 50g butter and cinnamon together in a bowl until the mixture is the consistency of wet sand. Set the topping aside.
- Beat 110g butter and 200g sugar with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in colour. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine 250g flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix the flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, stirring just to combine. After the last of the flour mixture is incorporated, gently fold in the diced mango and raspberries. Spread the cake mixture into the prepared tin (the cake mixture will be thick). Sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You may use fresh or frozen raspberries. If desired, sprinkle icing sugar over crumble topping before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!