1 / 1 Picture by: Vikochka
Carrot Loaf Cake
- 320ml water
- 275g caster sugar
- 150g raisins
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 120g chopped walnuts
- 1 pinch salt
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr15min › Ready in:1hr35min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a 900g loaf tin, and line with baking parchment.
- Combine water, sugar, raisins, grated carrots, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, bicarb, nuts and salt. Stir in carrot mixture. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Yummy. I used oil instead of butter for a dairy free version and am delighted with the result. Moist flavoursome and easy to make. - 08 Oct 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!