1 / 1 Picture by:
Fruit and Nut Cake
- 340g butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 450g chopped pecans
- 450g glacé cherries
- 450g glacé pineapple
- 225g sultanas
- 1 large apple - peeled, cored and sliced
Prep:45min › Cook:3hr › Extra time:3days resting › Ready in:3days4hr45min
- Preheat oven to 120 C / Gas 1/2. Grease one 25cm tube cake tin. Line the bottom of the tin with parchment and dust tin with flour.
- Cream the butter together with the caster sugar. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one. Mix in the vanilla extract. Stir in 375g of the flour, baking powder and salt and blend well.
- Toss cherries, chopped pecans, pineapple and sultanas with the remaining flour. Stir fruit and nut mixture into the cake mixture and spoon into prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Let cake cool for 20 minutes before removing from tin.
- After cake is cold, cut a piece of greaseproof paper to fit the top of the cake. Put the apple slices on top of the cake, then top with the greaseproof paper and put cake into an air-tight container. Store cake in a cool dry area for about 3 days or until the cake takes up the juice from the apple slices. Remove apple slices and greaseproof paper and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!