1 / 1 Picture by: abapplez
Chicken Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce
- 500g farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 450g skinless chicken breast fillets - cubed
- 525ml double cream, divided
- 1/4 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 80g grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 30g butter
- 40g chopped prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken cubes, reducing heat if necessary, until no longer pink in centre. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 450ml of the cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in chicken stock cube and Asiago cheese until well blended. Dissolve cornflour in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat and continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Return sauce to the heat and add remaining cream and parsley. Heat through.
- To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add chicken and mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well, and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!