White Wine Chicken Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- garlic granules to taste
- 250g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 225ml dry white wine
- 300ml chicken stock
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr45min › Ready in:2hr5min
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with garlic granules, and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to drain on kitchen paper.
- Spoon off chicken fat, and return pan to heat. Stir in mushrooms and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Remove to a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Season with garlic salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Stir in wine, and add to onion and mushrooms.
- Return chicken to casserole. Pour mushroom mixture and stock over chicken; cover, and cook over low heat until meat begins to fall off the bone, about 1 1/2 hours.
Cutting a chicken into pieces
Cutting a chicken into pieces yourself instead of buying ready-cut chicken pieces is a great way to save money. Learn how in our Cutting a chicken into pieces article.
Easy to prepare. Did not cook on top of the stove but inside the oven. Perhaps this made the sauce a little too runny. But end result was absolutely delicious. Will recommend this. - 29 Oct 2013