Chocolate Bacon Cookies
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 300g caster sugar
- 225g softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 55g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 340g plain chocolate chips
Prep:20min › Cook:12min › Ready in:32min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place the streaky bacon in a large, deep frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon on a kitchen paper-lined plate. Once cool, finely chop.
- Beat the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy and smooth. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips and bacon. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
If you can find it, use a maple-cured streaky bacon. Regular streaky bacon is fine, though for best results don't use back bacon.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!