1 / 1 Picture by: PARKER71
Toasted Coconut Macaroons
Makes: 36 macaroons
- 200g desiccated coconut, toasted
- 4 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:2hr cooling › Ready in:2hr35min
- Preheat the oven to 120 C / Gas 1/2. Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff enough to make a mark through with a knife. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar, cinnamon and almond extract while continuing to mix on low speed. Fold in toasted coconut by hand. Spoon or scoop onto the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until macaroons are dry and peel of the paper easily. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Toasting desiccated coconut
Spread the coconut out on a baking tray and bake for 5 to 7 minutes in a 180 C / Gas 4 oven.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!