About this recipe:If you're stuck for gift ideas for Christmas or birthdays, try this food gift. A jar is filled with dry ingredients and instructions on how to create delicious chocolate chip cookies.
Makes: 1 litre jar, to make 24 cookies
150g caster sugar
175g dark brown soft sugar
80g porridge oats
200g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g plain chocolate chips
115g chopped walnuts
Add to shopping list
Turn this recipe into a shopping list you can print, email, view on your mobile or shop online. It's free! Powered by Whisk.com
Method Prep:15min › Ready in:15min
Using a 1 litre jar, layer in the ingredients in the order given. Pack down the jar after each addition. Put the lid on and cover with an 20cm circle of fabric. Secure the fabric over the lid using a rubber band, then cover the rubber band by tying a nice piece of ribbon or raffia around the lid. Attach a tag to the ribbon with the following instructions:
Oaty Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together 165g softened butter with 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Add the entire contents of the jar and mix by hand until combined.
4. Drop heaped spoonfuls of the batter onto unprepared baking trays.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.